Unofficial abit support area
Mr. Chris wrote:Considering I didn't eat for three days, I'm hungry as a bear (yes, pun intended) But yesterday I took a nose dive, slipped on a wet stairway, dislocated ankle. Boy, that was fun driving a car with a manual tranny. Then had to drive home with a cast on my left ankle. Another $180 bucks. I can't seem to win for losing. Hope this year starts getting better. Pffffftttt.
Symptoms of mild acute poisoning include lightheadedness, confusion, headaches, vertigo, and flu-like effects; larger exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the central nervous system and heart, and even death. Following acute poisoning, long-term sequelae often occur. Carbon monoxide can also have severe effects on the fetus of a pregnant woman. Chronic exposure to low levels of carbon monoxide can lead to depression, confusion, and memory loss. Carbon monoxide mainly causes adverse effects in humans by combining with hemoglobin to form carboxyhemoglobin (HbCO) in the blood. This prevents oxygen binding to hemoglobin, reducing the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood, leading to hypoxia. Additionally, myoglobin and mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase are thought to be adversely affected. Carboxyhemoglobin can revert to hemoglobin, but the recovery takes time because the HbCO complex is fairly stable.
Black mold poisoning occurs when a person is exposed to the mycotoxins produced by the toxic black mold species as he inhales air contaminated with mold spores or when he eats food contaminated with it. The severity of toxic black mold poisoning symptoms depends on the exposure time and the quantity of spores that the person was exposed to. Allergic reactions of the respiratory and/or the nervous system are by far the most obvious symptoms of mold poisoning. Other than these, the poisoning symptoms range from chronic fatigue and reddening of eyes to infertility and miscarriage. The most common symptoms of black mold poisoning are:
•Difficulty in breathing
•Reddening of eyes
•Ringing in the ears
•Sensitivity to sound
•Dirt like taste in mouth
•Headaches and dizziness
•Nausea and vomiting
•Allergies to food
•Mood swings, irritability
•Inability to cope with stress
•Lack of concentration
•Frequent upper respiratory infections
•Swollen lymph nodes
High level or prolonged exposure to toxic black mold can also cause:
•Bleeding in lungs
•Nosebleeds and pulmonary hemorrhaging (especially in infants.)
•Development of rashes and hives on skin.
•Problems caused due to irritation in mucous membranes.
•Irregularity in blood pressure.
•Damage to the digestive and respiratory systems.
•Infections of urinary tract, problems in urination, etc.
•Pain in liver and other internal organs.
•Anaphylaxis on re-exposure to toxic molds
Mr. Chris wrote:Well, Friday of last week, caught something else. Started with just no appetite. Then vomiting, the runs, sweats, no energy. Lost about 10 pounds by now. Then last night, awoke from a nap with double vision. I was like, WTF? Doc says I have the flue, but doesn't want to give me another Z Pack. He's no experience with eyes, so referred me to another clinic that is closed weekends and Holidays. Looks like it will be Tuesday. Got one eye closed just to do this. Gonna walk to Walgreens, see if they have an eye patch. And some Immodium.
Boyblue wrote:Carbon monoxide = CO
Carbon dioxide = CO²
Carbon Dioxide Poisoning - Symptoms
Mild carbon dioxide poisoning symptoms are:
•Reduced neural activity
•High blood pressure
As the severity of hypercapnia increases, the following carbon dioxide poisoning symptoms may be experienced:
•Elevated rate of cardiac output
•Changes in vision
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms
Exposure to carbon monoxide is most commonly accompanied by the following symptoms:
•Flu-like symptoms, fatigue
•Shortness of breath on exertion
•Memory and walking problems
BlueMonster wrote:THIS ALL SOUNDS WAY SERIOUS!!
Mr. Chris wrote:Now I wonder, could it be food poisoning? Two Fridays ago, I had lunch at a little Thai place nearby. I had the Pad Thai, which is normally really good. But this was like it sat out all night. The noodles were all mushed together and the shrimp was bad. I just ate a few bites and threw it away. And that was the day it started. Something else to tell the Doc on Tuesday.
Greybear wrote:Mr. Chris wrote:Now I wonder, could it be food poisoning? Two Fridays ago, I had lunch at a little Thai place nearby. I had the Pad Thai, which is normally really good. But this was like it sat out all night. The noodles were all mushed together and the shrimp was bad. I just ate a few bites and threw it away. And that was the day it started. Something else to tell the Doc on Tuesday.
Todays Wednesday - did we find out anything from the Doctor?
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests