You might be losing your Internet connection in July...

Talk about anything here

You might be losing your Internet connection in July...

Postby Greybear » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:53 am

If your infected

Click the Link, follow the instructions.

Here is the Article
Greybear

Re: You might be losing your Internet connection in July...

Postby BlueMonster » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:16 am

Looks legit, but you'd think there would be more warning than a webpage to INFORM us uses (the masses and masses and masses etc.)

Thanks though Greybear, as soon as I see a bunch of folks do this operation on their PC's and learn the side Effects I'm good, not that

I'm not very INTERESTING.

Bottom line, Soon as I here form other sources I'm not doing anything. Once you guys do it, BY ALL MEANS tell me about the experience.

Have you done it Greybear?? Let me KNOW, please!!! :D ;)

Blue

Here it says March 8th Shutdown, LINK:: http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-could-down-in ... 07521.html

Hummmmmm, none of it looks real enough too me, I could be wrong.... :mrgreen:

This if Funny from Yahoo Link:: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-playe ... 49849.html
ImageImageImageImage
BlueMonster

Postby Hawk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:18 am

I just checked mine and I'm still using OpenDNS servers, as I set it up, so I'm good - but I didn't use that dcwg.org site.
I first checked mine manually by opening a command prompt, I then went to Comcast's link and checked again.
Hawk

Postby Greybear » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Yep, checked mine...Background was green, Im good.

Hence why I passed it on. Nothing gets loaded...basically it has you pick one of like 12 links, if it directs you correctly, youll get a green background on the picture....if it directs you incorrectly, you get a red.
Greybear

Postby Mr. Chris » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:44 am

Two clicks, big green thingy, so I'm good! :9:
1) Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3, Phenom II 970, 8Gb G Skill Sniper 1866, EVGA GTX670 2Gb, 2x 500Gb SATA II, DVDRW, Audigy 2 ZS w/ daniel_k drivers, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit RTM
2) Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 , Phenom II 955, 4Gb G Skill 1600, EVGA GTX 560Ti, 280Gb Seagate SATA II, crappy DVD drive (but it works, LOL) Win 7 Ult. 64 bit
3) AX78, A64 3200, 4Gb DDR2, awaiting new video card, 120Gb WD Black SATA II, DVD ROM, Win 7 Ult. 64 bit.

Proud volunteer on the Battleship Iowa
Mr. Chris
Site Admin

Postby BlueMonster » Sat May 05, 2012 1:24 am

Highly UN-likely...IMO.

But who knows??

Blue

oh and I did the test as well all green, good to go... :D

==============================

Unrelated matter> Green Cook Ware.

Like my Ceramic Green ECO 10" pan I bought...

image provided by Walgreen's.

I'm not going on line to rate it, I was a chef for years I know cook ware, as long as you season

the pan prior to use, it's awesome, when cooking after seasoning, the best thing to use is PAM a light spray

and your good to go, no not overheat pan unattended either!! :D Clean with warm dish soap water once a week

otherwise just wipe clean with a paper towel. Do these simple thing and the pan will last for years. Cooks with very

little oil, do not cook with NO oil. Though they claim you can, and you can, but it will damage the coating.

My Simple Review.

Blue

Oh and D'uh it's made in China. (con) also great for over easy eggs (plus) :9:

Teflon coated cook ware will not be sold in the USA, by year 2015, I think it is ? Read that somewhere...Teflon coating toxic.

No link to pan provided by me, find one yourselves if interested.

I have Firefox set to NOT redirect links, so I never have issues. If you don't stop redirects, now a days

you will have issues with many sites. I use Malwarebytes and MSI for security and they do great. If something were to

mess up my connection I'd run Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool and LTCM Client

(IMO safest image Hosting Tool) or maybe folks are not or did not install LTCM Client safe link: http://www.qwhatis.com/what-is-ltcm-client/

If your afraid to go to link just view PIC from PhotoBucket

about how this ECO Green Cook ware pan got into this thread, I was simply mentioning I had bought one at Walgreens

if you buy on line be sure you trust the site, use New Egg for Example.

Here's LTCM Client in add/remove (old school) :

Image by me and PhotoBucket.

All those MS C++ Visuals (etc) are important for everything you do on your PC.
Last edited by BlueMonster on Sat May 05, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
BlueMonster

Postby Greybear » Sat May 05, 2012 3:51 am

Forget the Green one, get the Yoshi Blue Diamond pan.
Greybear

Postby Mr. Chris » Sat May 05, 2012 1:08 pm

OK, I'm losing my connection to reality here. What the heck has a frying pan got to do with losing an internet connection? :scratch: :doh: :Clueless:
1) Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3, Phenom II 970, 8Gb G Skill Sniper 1866, EVGA GTX670 2Gb, 2x 500Gb SATA II, DVDRW, Audigy 2 ZS w/ daniel_k drivers, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit RTM
2) Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 , Phenom II 955, 4Gb G Skill 1600, EVGA GTX 560Ti, 280Gb Seagate SATA II, crappy DVD drive (but it works, LOL) Win 7 Ult. 64 bit
3) AX78, A64 3200, 4Gb DDR2, awaiting new video card, 120Gb WD Black SATA II, DVD ROM, Win 7 Ult. 64 bit.

Proud volunteer on the Battleship Iowa
Mr. Chris
Site Admin

Postby Hawk » Sat May 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Mr. Chris wrote:OK, I'm losing my connection to reality here. What the heck has a frying pan got to do with losing an internet connection? :scratch: :doh: :Clueless:

Uhm? If you lose your Internet connection, you're cooked? :lol:
Hawk

Postby Greybear » Sat May 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Well....LEt me tell you :)

So, right after I made that post, I thought I would be slick and get a Picture of it.

In the Search (keep in mind Its kinda fuzzy right now and I cannot find the same links) I found something like YoshiBlue.net or Asseenontvsale.net or the likes, but I still think it was a .Net ....

So I clicked it, it was a redirect for some Canadian ""supposedly"" as seen on tv sight...this is where Microsofts Security Essentials went nuts.

It said it got it and cleaned it but the box kept popping up constantly. Searchs failed and downloads refused to connect.
After a Reboot and safe mode, No internet connection found, TDSSKILLER located several items, one was an IPSEC.dll or IPSEC.sys infection.
Removal of the infection and a reboot to the OS, still no Internet connection.
Uninstalled the MSE.
Shutdown, Run Kaspersky Rescue CD 10, Internet connection is available, while its running, I move the IPSEC from the backup folder to the Driver folder.
Went to bed.
After the scan, reboot to the OS, still no connection.
Run FSS.exe (thinks its Fubar Security Scan), missing the IPSEC registry key.
Exported it from other computer, imported to registry.
Still no Internet.
Uninstalled the Network devices, reinstalled them.
Ran the WinsockFix.
Reboot to the OS.
Ran the MicrosoftFixit for the Winsock2.
Reboot to the OS.
Internet restored.
Reinstall of MSE.

And that is how a Frying pan relates to the Loss of an Internet Connection. :P :P :P :P :ugeek:
Greybear

Next

Return to Open Discussion